Closing Date: December 1st
Job Title: Housing Director
Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $55k-60k, DOE
Founded in 2004, Bridges to Change is a mission driven agency with a focus on addictions recovery both in the clients we serve and in providing meaningful employment for individuals in recovery. In partnership with county and other community organizations, Bridges to Change serves individuals and families experiencing homelessness, addictions, mental health and poverty across five counties in Oregon.
This full-time Housing Director is responsible for oversight of the Housing Division in all areas of leadership, financial oversight and operations. The Housing Director provides housing related services by planning, developing, implementing, controlling and evaluating all housing programs and operations. Additionally, this position manages subordinate managers who supervise employees and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to ensure the long-term health, quality, effectiveness and strength of the organization in alignment with the mission of Bridges to Change
- Recruit, train, supervise and develop staff, resolving issues through effective leadership
- Lead organizational change initiatives through the application of change, risk and resource management
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships with funders, peers and community partners, as appropriate, to best serve the needs of the organization
- Represent Bridges to Change in community and public discussions, forums, and in planning and committee settings particularly those related to housing and homelessness
- Develop and manage housing budget including production of systematic reports to detect and respond to financial variances
- Ensure financial results align with adopted budget and provide snapshot data in relation to operating expenses/revenues and occupancy rates
- Assertively seek and apply for innovative funding and staff development opportunities through private and public funding sources
- Oversee all aspects of program management including development, implementation, completion and analysis while successfully meeting deadlines and strategic objectives
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Develop and sustain innovative and diverse housing programs
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal, ethical and organizational guidelines
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization, considering growth, financial sustainability, professional quality, staff engagement, access and client-centeredness domains in decision making
- Maintains accurate and timely reports and documentation.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure compliance with employment and housing regulations, FFH, best practice housing models and contractual stipulations
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of landlord tenant and fair housing laws
- 5 years of alcohol and drug free housing experience
- Computer literacy; functional ability with Microsoft applications
- If in recovery, 2 years clean/sober with a verifiable program of recovery
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with Bridges to Change’s auto liability policy requirements
- Experience working with communities of color and knowledge of the current disparities that certain communities of service users may face more broadly in society, preferred
- Demonstrated success at working effectively in a diverse, collaborative team environment, with skills in promoting inclusion and cultural responsiveness
- Experience in collaborating with community partners to identify shortcomings in the organization and in building partnerships to improve outcomes
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain high professional standards at all times with client, staff, and community partners
• May be required to occasionally work extended hours including evening, weekend and/or holiday work as job duties demand.
• The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 25 pounds on a regular basis, and occasionally up to 50 pounds is also necessary
• Requires the use of a personal vehicle
Generous paid time off
Employer paid medical, life insurance, and short-term disability insurance
Voluntary dental, vision and long-term disability insurance options
403b retirement with 3% company match
Access to employee assistance program
Two paid volunteer days per year
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the Job Title in the subject line.
Bridges to Change is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of harassment and discrimination. Bridges to Change provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employment relationship—including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, and termination of employment.