Job Title: Male Onsite House Manager/Case Manager II
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Salary Range: $14/hr.
Founded in 2004, Bridges to Change is a mission driven agency with a focus on addictions recovery both in the clients we serve and in providing meaningful employment for individuals in recovery. In partnership with county and other community organizations, Bridges to Change serves individuals and families experiencing homelessness, addictions, mental health and poverty across five counties in Oregon.
This recruitment is for a gender specific position working with men. In collaboration with BTC staff and other community partners, this position will work directly with men in mental health and addiction stabilization housing program. This position requires the ability to live on site and have flexible work hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a healthy, alcohol/drug free environment
- Establish a positive relationship withresidents, with mutual trust and respect
- Have the ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain regular interaction, offer Act as a guide, advocate and role model for residents
- Have the ability to identify and solve problems, to formulate ideas and come up with creative solutionsboth independently and
- Work as a household to maintain property and grounds
- Give random, observedgender specific UA’s as needed or necessary
- Post and rotate chores for household
- Conduct weekly house meetings to build community and as a method of problem solving
- Attend monthly house manager meeting and order appropriate household supplies
- Resource and referral coordination both in addiction and mental healthservices
- Monitor access to medications
- Provide life-skills training to residents, including but not limited to, cooking, cleaningand pro-social behavior
- Introduce residents to and engagethem in recovery & pro-social activities
- GED/ High School Diploma required
- Crisis intervention experience
- 2 year clean/sober with a verifiable program of recovery
- Excellentcommunication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work and thrive in dynamicenvironments and under pressure
- Ability to maintain high professional standards at all times with client, staff, and community partners
- Ability to hold others accountable with compassion
- Experience setting and maintaining clear boundaries
- The ability to keep accurate records
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Free from supervision in any state
• Live-in position requiring overnight, some evening & weekend hours
• The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 25 pounds on a regular basis, and occasionally up to 50 pounds is also necessary
• Requires the use of a personal vehicle to provide transportation for clients
Generous paid time off
Employer paid medical, life insurance, and short-term disability insurance
Voluntary dental, vision and long-term disability insurance options
403b retirement with 3% company match
Access to employee assistance program
Two paid volunteer days per year
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Job Title in the subject line.
Bridges to Change is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of harassment and discrimination. Bridges to Change provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employment relationship—including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, and termination of employment.