Job Title: Male House Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $300/mo.
Founded in 2004, Bridges to Change is a mission driven agency with a focus on addictions recovery both in the clients we serve and in providing meaningful employment for individuals in recovery. In partnership with county and other community organizations, Bridges to Change serves individuals and families experiencing homelessness, addictions, mental health and poverty across five counties in Oregon.
This recruitment is for a gender-specific House Manager serving men. The House Manager will work collaboratively with BTC staff and community partners to ensure a safe and healthy living environment for the residents, while residing in the home and work on a part time basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work cooperatively with BTC staff and community partners to ensure a safe and healthy living environment for the residents
- Maintain a healthy, alcohol/drug free environment
- Establish a positive relationship with residents, with mutual trust and respect
- Have the ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain regular interaction, offering support. Act as a guide, advocate and role model for residents
- Have the ability to identify and solve problems, to formulate ideas and come up with creative solutions
- Work as a household to maintain property and grounds
- Give random, observed gender specific UA’s as needed or necessary
- Post and rotate chores for household
- Conduct weekly house meetings to build community and as a method of problem solving
- Attend monthly house manager meeting and order appropriate household supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for the mission of Bridges to Change.
- If in recovery, 1 year clean/sober with a verifiable program of recovery
- Experience working with men in recovery
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in dynamic environments and under pressure.
- Ability to maintain high professional standards at all times with client, staff, and community partners.
- Ability to hold others accountable with compassion.
- Experience setting and maintaining clear boundaries.
- Ability to maintain high professional standards at all times with client, staff, and community partners
- Live-in position requiring overnight, some evening & weekend hours
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 25 pounds on a regular basis, and occasionally up to 50 pounds is also necessary
- Free rent valued at $500
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the Job Title in the subject line.
Bridges to Change is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of harassment and discrimination. Bridges to Change provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employment relationship—including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, and termination of employment.